Ups & Downs

This whole semester has seemed to be filled with ups and downs. I would feel emotionally, physically and mentally exhausted one week and the very next, I would seem to feel like I was thriving in so many aspects of life. This past month has had a lot of different ups and downs, such as going to concerts, telling some of my friends goodbye for the summer, days where I didn't even know what I was feeling, questioning what the future looks like even more deeply, ending my year as an RA, and spending time with my family. I'm thankful that no matter our ups and downs, God is always constant and His consistency isn't based upon our feelings. These moments, whether classified as ups or downs have been some of the moments where God has seemed the most present in my life within the month of April.

-a moment where I realized I was severely distracted in class, but instead found myself thinking about how God has protected me in so many ways this semester
-having dinner with a dear friend, Sydney and having her speak truth and love into my life in a way that not many other people do
-attending a For King & Country concert - really the whole thing was what I needed but especially a metaphor that was given that reminded me to stop trying to grab control of so many aspects of my life, but instead just let my life be an overflow of all the ways that God has control of it
-a professor saying the right words that I needed to be reminded of and he had no idea how it would influence me to continue to seek God in the season I was in
-silence - yes, seriously it can be a scary thing at first, but oh so beautiful when we get acquainted to it
-a once stranger that has turned into one of my best friends this year passing down her job to me for next year - she wrote a letter to me with advice and encouragement and I cried through her reading it to me because I am so sentimental when it comes to moments like that
-going on a walk with my Grandma and having her tell me the story of how she was saved as a little girl
-a dinner with my brother/sister staff for next year and envisioning all of the residents we will get to serve and pour into
-Several songs hit close to home, The Men That Drive Me Places by Ben Rector and Not In A Hurry by United Pursuit
-sitting with my youth pastor and his wife on a late night and realizing I was talking to them as friends which was a oddly discovered transition but oh so good for my soul. They continue to speak truth into my life, but also share in deep laughter with me at the awkward and cringe-worthy moments of my life
-a day in spent in St. Louis over Easter weekend with my whole family
-saying goodbye to all of my residents and reminiscing on all of the memories from the year - when they all left, it really still felt like they had all just moved in. Such bittersweet moments

Through the obstacles and celebratory moments of April, God has reminded me of His constant faithfulness, consistency, and goodness - even in the moments where we don't feel it.

The Lord replied, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." 
Exodus 33:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hope You Find Your Alyssa

Confidence